Monday, November 17, 2008

Low Expectations: MNF #2

I've said it more than once before, and I'll say it again. THE BROWNS ARE NOT A SECOND HALF TEAM. We are far from the days of the Kardiac Kids, but the 4th quarter as of late has been infuriating. And don't even get me started with the whole "guys quitting" drama…

I have also said that an effective Browns strategy is to take a large lead in the first half and pray to the gods above that we can hold onto it in the 2nd for the win. Apparently this doesn't work so well, considering we've given up close to 50 second half points in just two games.

We've come to show that even a double digit lead though isn't "Browns proof". So how big of a lead are we going to try and blow this week? 20? 30? 47? (clearly I'm a little bitter) I've got higher expectations for the US auto industry than I do this game. This is a game we should win, but games we should win and games we do win have become two entirely different things. As always, I hope with all my might that I eat these words. With Shaun Rogers potentially out though, I have little to no faith in our defense. And our offense hasn't given me much to get excited about either. Win or lose, I can't see tonight being overly fun to watch. Other than the fact its an excuse to drink on a Monday.

Maybe we'll have some more of that Monday Night Magic that seems to work so well against NY teams… but I'm not holding my breath. I'll be watching tonight more so in hopes of catching a glimpse of BQ sans shirt. And that's the sad truth.

No comments: