Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn? We'll see.



So I've kind of been avoiding posting all week. I know that you've all been anxiously checking for my witty insight on BQ getting the start all week, refreshing your browser every hour in anticipation. To be honest, I've been thinking about how to approach this topic all week, but my thoughts lack focus. Not that that's ever stopped me before....

I've had more conversations than I can count this week about Quinn. With Browns fans, non-Browns fans, Quinn supporters, and Quinn haters. Everyone has their own opinion on what this means. For DA, Romeo, Savage, the fans, and the team as a whole. I've debated all sides of this issue.

Many people doubt the fact that this decision was Romeo's. Judging by his track record this year, I tend to agree with that. I'm going to go ahead and give myself credit for this one. I'm pretty sure someone in Berea read my "Brady Bunch song", couldn't get the catchy little tune out of their head, and said, 'Sure! Why not?'

Personally, I do not expect Brady to swoop in and save the team (this year). What I do know is this: We've played inconsistently all year, and SOMETHING needed to change. Is the man behind the center that something? I'm not sure. But at this point, it can't hurt to try.

We've got plenty of other problems looming and a fix in one area does not necessarily equal a fix across the board. Even if Quinn turns out to be the next Otto Graham, we're still got some work to do to prove to the rest of the NFL and world at large that we're the team that everyone thought we might have been this year. A team that loyal fans still see deep down inside somewhere.

We've been paying BQ to sit on the bench for two years. We gave up a lot for him. We might as well see what he can do. Give him a chance in real game situations with our starters. Considering that from week to week, we have no idea which version of DA is going to show up, this is no more or less of a risk. We can't really do much WORSE.

Case in point: I'm not at either end of the spectrum on this one. I don't think Quinn means doomsday for Cleveland, and I don't think that he is our knight in shining armor. All I ask is that he goes out there, plays his heart out, and withstands this enormous pressure that was placed upon him 3 days ago.

How I've made it through this entire post without a single inappropriate joke is really amazing. But that's all I've got.

As for tonight, all I can say is... HERE WE GO BROWNIES.... and hope for the best.

No comments: