Sunday, October 19, 2008

Theeeeyyyy're bbbaaaccckkkkk.....

Yep, that was the Browns. Typical. I want the MNF team back. :( I'm tired of wondering which Browns team is going to show up from week to week.

After spending an awesome weekend in North Carolina for a reunion with my college roommates, I was pumped to hang out and watch the game with my good friend, former roommate, and fellow Browns fan (hi Ashley!). Being told that the Browns Backers bar in Columbia, SC where she lives is a bit creepy, we were pretty pumped that the game was being shown locally. Also, I'm obsessed this pop (yes pop, NOT soda) they have in the Carolinas called Cheerwine. So I was pretty excited to veg on Ash's couch with some Cheerwine and Sonic and watch the game. The Cheerwine was last night's only savior. Way to make me grumpy Browns! (Also made grumpier by the fact I'm now sitting at the airport... waiting for my flight back to NYC)

Seriously Browns? SERIOUSLY! I really think that if we would have decided to start playing during the first freaking quarter rather than halfway through the last quarter, we may have had a fighting chance and wouldn't have had to try and kick a freaking 54 yard field goal to tie the game with 30 seconds left. Only the Browns. And I'm so F*ing sick of kicking freaking field goals when we should have scored touchdowns. Although kudos on the TWO attempts at the TD on 4th and goal. The second one was a gift from the football gods, although it almost looked like they were showing a replay of the first try though when we were stopped short on pretty much third and inches both times. At least we were attempting to have some balls (there's a Winslow joke there somewhere...).

Also, I really want to know what Brady Quinn did to Romeo Crennel. Because I'm pretty sure that he has to have done something to him for Romeo to be so dead set on DA. Yes, I understood DA had an awesome game last week, but this week, not so much. And I'm just talking in general. I'm thinking BQ probably hit on his wife. Or maybe his son. I'm convinced that's got to be it.

My spirit is too broken and my frustration too high to really say much more. Last week's hope is all but gone. As an aside though, I must say that I will never be able to take Clinton Portis seriously, even though he ran all over us yesterday. And that is because of this ridiculous commercial, which somehow me and my roommate discovered a few years ago, and still makes me crack up at its awfulness every time I see it. (Also keep an eye out for Carmelo Anthony, random firefighters washing their truck, and the secretary jamming at her desk... too funny) So at least I have that and the cheerwine going for me.

No comments: