Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cavs vs. 76ers

So it was suggested that I live blog this game... but things didn't really start off as planned. As I type this, there is about a minute left in the first quarter.

First, my ESPN-HD kept "skipping". It does this from time to time. I'm convinced Time Warner hates me, b/c ESPN is the only HD channel that does this. I have an HD-TV for a reason. To watch sports. I refuse to watch them in what I like to call "Regular D". So my first task was to try and remedy that. This was done by yelling at the TV and cursing TW out loud to no one in particular. In the process, I turned my internet off without realizing it. But now we're up and running. Here's my ADD-style live blog:

- What's the deal with the yellow jerseys? Ew! Not a fan.

- We've been rolling over teams left and right, and I've been giddy with excitement to watch this live. This game is close. What gives?

- I'm sad Booby is out. Not only are his 3 point skills being missed, but he's adorable. I want to be his friend so I can pinch his cheeks. And I have no shame in this.

- I love how effortless our passing looks. And I love the team work on the court.

- Is it me, or does this team just look HAPPY?! (and no sooner had I finished typing that did the announcers start talking about the team chemistry... I beat them to it though! You'll just have to take my word for that one)

- Z just made a hook shot from under the basket! Awesome.

- It's encouraging to see we can score about a gagillion (ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration) unanswered points. With LeBron resting on the bench.

- I normally don't find regular season basketball fun to watch on tv. I am having fun right now. Throwing the ball halfway down the court to Bron Bron for the score? That's just fun!

- Oh sh*t. (They just caught up! Oh sh*t is about the best I can come up with)

***HALFTIME***

- I'm a little upset we're not up by 57 points right now. I saw we take out the guy whose name I probably can't pronounce. He's hurting us.

- Start of the 2nd half... lets step it up boys!! I want ACTION!

- The fact that we're back up by double digits makes me somewhat happy. And now that we're up by 17, I'm even happier.... this is what I wanted to watch

- I just did a fist pump as Varejao tipped in LBJ's shot. I don't get "throw things and yell" excited and/or upset with basketball like I do with football... but I have found myself involuntarily doing the fist pump and mouthing "yes" several times during this game.

- Ok seriously? Goal tending? Again? I wasn't aware this was so common. The one in the first half was def not goal tending, the ball was still on the way up, I don't know if this one was or not, but I'm surprised this is being called.

***End of 3Q ***

- Aww! I didn't realize Donyell Marshall played for the '6ers... I miss him simply b/c I enjoyed the "Don-Yell" zone.

- ARRGHHH.... now Z is hurt??!! I was JUST reading an article earlier about how he hasn't been injured much lately... I feel like I might have jinxed him.

- Grrr!!! Our lead is slipping. I guess a win is a win as long as we hold on.

- Ok, I clearly can't do multiple things at once. I'm trying to juggle actually paying attention to the game, writing this, and talking to friends. This has suffered as game/friends have taken priority. And that's a lot of frustration in those last couple items for a game we're winning....

- Hello? Lebron? Are you still there??

- Ok, Williams seems to be picking up some slack, I'll take it.

- ANNND.... CAVS WIN! WOOOOOOOOOO


Ok. So this wasn't quite the game I was expecting. I was expecting to be wowed. Razzle-dazzled. (Visions of NBA Jam for Super Nintendo pop into my head whenever I hear that phrase). I wanted to see us blow away another opponent. Cement the fact that we are an unstoppable force. I'm not sure if they exactly accomplished that tonight, but it was still a good game. I'm not disappointed that I watched it, and I came away with a happy feeling.

Lebron aside, we are a solid team. Even without Lebron, this team would be a contender. With Lebron? Well lets just say we are a team to be feared! We've got a lot of depth. Injures may slow us down a bit, but they are not going to stop us. Still I hope Z and Gibson are back soon.

This is the foundation that championships are built upon. This is a Cleveland team that knows how to get the job done, and get it done well. Our other teams should take note.

1 comment:

devo said...

Maurice Cheeks, now part of the unemeployed masses thanks in no small part to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Hope you and the city of Cleveland can live with yourselves.