Thursday, December 4, 2008

We now return to our irregularly scheduled programing

So life's been a little hectic the past two weeks or so for me, so I've been on a bit of a hiatus so to speak. I've been busy doing things like running a half marathon, turning 25 (yet pretending I was turning 21), and spending some quality time with the family for the Thanksgiving holiday. That and my mom has always told me if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all....

Being the die hard Cleveland fan that I am, I usually plan my trips home with the intention of working in a trip downtown to see one of my beloved teams play. Most trips home usually include either a Cavs, Browns, or Tribe game. Back in September when I booked my flight home for Thanksgiving, I made my return flight for 6am Monday morning with the intentions of going to the Browns/Colts game, but held off on getting tickets for the game (knowing I could probably play the birthday card with my brother...).

After watching Sunday's game, warm, dry and slightly hung over at Buffalo Wild Wings (aka "Bdubs"), I can safely say I'm glad I held off on those tickets. As the season has progressed, I have gone back and forth in my mind whether I wanted to attend this game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fair weather fan. No matter how badly we play, how much the team disgusts me, or how big of a joke we become, I stand by my team. But I must say, I have never been happier NOT to be at a game. Regardless of the outcome, it was a BORING game to watch. Several times I forgot there was even a game going on. And I wasn't even drinking!

This season has gone beyond out of control. Our administration is a joke. Half our team is injured, the other half just doesn't seem to care. There is a disconnect between coaches and players. There is a disconnect amongst players themselves. And the biggest disconnect now seems to be between fans and the team as a whole. This season has seen a steady decline. From exciting and promising, to still a glimmer of hope, from just out of reach, to absolute hopelessness.

I mean we've now got to rely on KEN DORSEY and some random guy with a name more Polish than mine (and mine is pretty Polish....). The thing that us fans are most looking forward to is the day its announced that Romeo is gone.

Like today for example, while I was hard at work (aka wasting time on facebook) I noticed a friend of mine's status said something along the lines of "expecting a big announcement today". Now this particular friend is quickly making a name for himself in Cleveland sports, does locker room interviews, and basically is the kind of guy who would have inside knowledge of anything big. I was on the edge of my seat all day waiting for the 'No More Romeo' announcement that never came. And I'm sad because of it. It's really doesn't say much for the state of your team when the thing you are most looking forward to is the firing of your coach.

I was excited about watching how the rest of the season played out just to see how Quinn was going to develop, now we don't even have that. I'll watch the rest of the games, but pretty much because I like an excuse to be social (aka drink beer) on a Sunday.

And I will keep blogging because I need a way to entertain myself. And plus, the Cavs are awesome. (More on that soon). And at the end of the day, at least our players aren't shooting themselves in the leg.... So we've got that going for us.

No comments: