Friday, September 26, 2008

Bring on the other guy....

What is there to say that hasn't been said in pretty much every media outlet and every blog concerning the Browns?

Blah Blah Blah. Weak O-line. Blah Blah Blah. Injuries Blah Blah Blah. No secondary. Blah Blah Blah. QB with no confidence. Blah Blah Blah. Poor coaching. Blah Blah Blah. We suck.

That pretty much sums it up, and I can't say I disagree. This year has been so disheartening. Romeo went on record as saying that Derek Anderson will start this week but that "the other guy will be ready. He actually referred to Brady Quinn as "the other guy." Seriously Romeo? Seriously? Regardless of what he does, I'm ready to see him play. Not that I'm a loyal fan of either QB camp. I've had very strong QB feelings in the past (the name Tim Couch still makes me vomit in my mouth a little ever time I hear it...) But this time around, I just want to not suck. I don't expect Quinn to come in and be our savior, but why not develop him this year when our season is on the verge of not mattering anyway. Get him some playing time, get him some experience. Give him tapes to study in the off season so he can perfect his game and come back next year and shine.

***THIS JUST IN*** (and by this just in, I just got off the phone with one of my friends who shared this info with me) CARSON PALMER IS OUT!!!

This changes ever thing. I am going into this week with hope!!! Lets hope I don't eat those words. We should be able to take this game and run with it! This make me happy.

Ok. I can't really form any new intelligent thoughts on this team or this matchup right now. As a cruel twist of fate, my college's homecoming was this weekend. While I did not attend, I have been getting numerous phone calls and text messages from college friends all weekend. My inbox is currently flooded with "Who dey" from my friends who should probably read the open letter of my last post. I'm going to go bash my phone against the wall for even displaying such words.

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: